Thursday 7 June 2012

On the Day of the Transit of Venus

The Diamond Jubilee was a bit of a wash out with regards to the weather and the chances of seeing the Venus transit grew slim over weekend.

I woke up at 4am on Wednesday 6 June expecting it to be still raining followed by my head laying back down on the pillow. Instead, I was greeted by a bright full moon and clear sky all around.

With that burst of blurry eyed enthusiasm I was dressed and out the door in 10 minutes. This was when I noticed that the moon had disappeared and the sky was covered by cloud.

Still, I'm up and ready now.

Arriving at my usual spot I set up the telescope and waited and hoped for the cloud to disappear.

It never did. It broke up a little but this was the only shot I could take. It was so cloudy I didn't see the sun at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment