Tuesday 18 September 2012

Edinburgh

We've been to Edinburgh before a few years ago but we skipped the castle. It was too expensive for the amount of time we wanted to spend there. This time we could get in for free (normally £16 each) with our English Heritage membership (sorry if that is sounding like a broken record).

Just like at Stirling Castle we had a guide who was very funny. We saw a few things including the Scottish crown jewels and the firing of the Clock Gun which goes off 6 days a week at 1pm.

In the whisky shop in the castle there is a bottle of single malt whisky from 1964 for sale for £3900! It's bottle 1 of 250.

We decided to hike up to Arthur's Seat which is a 250metre high hill which has great views of the city. It was a bit of a hike and Zoe's knee started hurting so I left her resting while I continued. It didn't take long. It was a moderate climb with steps. On the way down while climbing over rocks I tripped and fell forward. I twisted and landed on my back but I bashed my knee quite badly and got a few scratches and bruises on my hands caused as I tried to stop myself from falling. I think I was very lucky. It could have been a lot worse. Walking all the way back down was very painful. When we got back to Herman I tried to stop the swelling using frozen sausages.

Hopefully I should be able to drive Herman but I think pressing the clutch will be a bit painful.



No comments:

Post a Comment