Wednesday 5 June 2013

Chateau Chenonceau

Chenonceau is famous for it amazing chateau, one of the grandest in France. The campsite is about 15 minutes from the chateau so we decided to walk there in the blistering heat.



The gardens and the buildings are spectacular and the rooms are well kept with tapestries, paintings and renaissance furnishings. There are so many bedrooms I started to get bored of them. Don't get me wrong, they are all decorated differently, it's just there were a lot of them.

Later in the afternoon I cycled to the local wine cave which is basically a building where the local wine is sold by the bottle or by the litre. I sampled their white, rose and two reds. The white was very nice. I cycled back with a few bottles in the rucksack.

As we settled down to have another BBQ a flock of air balloons sailed over. A very pretty sight without a cloud in the sky. The campsite is busy and everyone seems friendly with the weather being very warm and the insect are very hungry. I've got 15 bites on my legs and Zoe's ankle is swollen with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment