Sunday 13 May 2012

Astrophotos March 2012

After the success of the taking Mars with the x2 barlow I thought I'd try it on other planets. All these photos were taken on the same evening, 24 March in the New Forest.

Here's Mars again. This time it's clearer and you can see one of the poles, which is that white spot at the top. 

Mars

Jupiter with the barlow looks really big but I think the detail is starting to suffer.  Still looks impressive though.
Jupiter 

Venus and Jupiter was very close in the sky this month. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take a photo of them together but I did manage a close up of Venus.


Here is the moon a couple of days old. It was very close to the horizon. Because the webcam views such a tiny part of the sky I had to take five photos of the moon and stitch them together to make this large image. Click on it to enlarge.


No comments:

Post a Comment