Thursday 17 May 2012

New Gadget for the Telescope

I've just received a new gadget for the telescope.

It's an eye piece which has an illuminated reticle or crosshair. This is going to help me line up the telescope to an object in space so that when I switch to the camera it will be in the centre of the image.

The reticle is illuminated by an LED that's mounted in the silver thing on the side. It also contains the batteries and on/off knob.

These normally retail for around £80-£90 but I found a broken one on the Scopes 'n' Skies AstroBoot website, which I guess is like a car boot sale for telescopes. I brought it for £25. I managed to figure out that the LED was broken and after a quick trip to Maplins and half an hour with the soldering kit I managed to fix it.

Meade Illuminating Reticle Eye Piece (Wireless)




Looking through the eye piece and you can see the reticle


No comments:

Post a Comment