Monday 27 May 2013

To Tours and the Loire Valley

We left Paris and headed to Tours and the Loire Valley. But just before we left the campsite Zoe noticed that we had a flat tyre! No problem, I thought, I've changed wheels many times before. I had the tyre, the jack and the tyre iron but it was probably the wrong time to discover that the jack didn't have a handle! We managed to get the spare one on with the help of one of the attendants at the campsite. I also called the breakdown service which we paid £190 before we left to see what they could do. They are currently locating a spare tyre and a garage that could fit it.

The journey to the next campsite was uneventful but the weather was the best it's been; hot and sunny. A shame we spent most of it on the road.

Another disaster, but not so tragic was that today I realised that I hadn't packed any T-shirts. So, as soon as we arrived and checked in we headed back out to the nearest supermarket for booze and T-shirts.

1 comment:

  1. Call yourself an Englishman? Topless, Union Jack shorts and skin as red as tomato! Socks and sandals are optional.

    Enjoying your travel blog.


    Darren Rolfe

    ReplyDelete