Saturday 14 January 2012

Skyrim: Magic Weapons and Greybeards

I've noticed that killing monsters is quite easy but I can get my arse handed me by humans (eg. the silverhand and bandits). Therefore, I've decided to invest in some magical weapons. I kit myself and my companion (Lydia) with weapons that do extra fire damage.

I've also kitted out my house with a few things, which don't come cheap. Mainly a bedroom and a alchemists alter to make poisons and potions.

With the better weapons in hand Lydia and I head out to visit the greybeards at Ivarstead to understand about the Voice of the Dragonborn. This is a main quest that will move the story along but Ivarstead is quite far away around the other side of a huge mountain.

The first place I come across is a cave (Darkshade) full of massive trolls. The new weapons are great and make roast mincemeat out of the trolls. It's at this point I release that the magical weapons don't have many charges and need to be recharged with a soul gem. Luckily, the trolls provided some useful souls.

Carrying on, I eventually get to Ivarstead but then I realise that I've got to traipse the 7,000 steps up the snowy mountain that I've been walking around. On my way up a dragon pops-up and attacks just when I'm chatting to someone. Very rude I thought. We kill it and it's soul is absorbed by yours truly. I think that's four I've killed now but really I've lost count. Unfortunately, the guy I was talking to didn't survive so I steal his kit. Now I'm the proud wearer of some scaled armour. [Note to self; add enchantment to scaled armour]

Finally, I manage to arrive at the greybeards place (High Hrothgar) and they teach me a thing or two about the Voice of the Dragonborn. Then they send me off on a trial to retrieve the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller. I'll do that later.

At this point Handsome is level 14 and has four Shouts (powers that the Voice of the Dragonborn give you). These are:
  • Unrelenting Force: Pushes enemies away (the first one you get)
  • Fire Breath: Well you can't be Dragonborn without the power of breathing fire, right?
  • Kyne's Peace: I have no idea what it does at the moment.
  • Whirlwind Sprint: Makes you sprint like Sonic the Hedgehog for a couple of seconds


No comments:

Post a Comment