Sunday 1 January 2012

Skyrim Adventure Blog

For Christmas Zoe got me the video game Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the Xbox 360. I've been playing for a few hours now and I thought it would be a good idea if I describe my progress through this massive role playing adventure. The problem I see is that my endurance in writing this blog. Not only can the game take 100 hours+ to complete and therefore much to write about but I think I might just end up playing Skyrim rather than writing about my adventures in it.

Starting Out
A Khajiit. Does look a bit like my character
I've chosen to play a race called khajiit which is a type cat. Khajiits are good a being stealthy, can see in the dark and have a powerful claw attack. After playing the last Elder Scrolls game a few years ago I found that seeing in the dark without a torch is a must for my type of play and holding a flaming torch while trying to sneak up on someone is pointless.

I'm currently at level 7 and I've not selected  any perks yet. I'm going to save them up and decide later what I'm going to choose.

The Story So Far
I've managed to pick up a load of heavy armour, an amulet that increases your heavy armour skill rating and a pair of boots that increase the amount you can carry. This is all good but heavy armour is no good for sneaking around. So, instead I've made some very good light armour using a blacksmiths forge and I'm now wearing it.

After killing my first dragon (which wasn't too difficult since I had an army with me) I found a load of magical weapons at a bandit camp while on a mission to return some guys sword, a family heirloom. On the way to the camp I came across a fort occupied by a whole load of mages (magic users) hell bent on roasting my furry hide with fireballs. After killing the mages, a necromancer (a mage who raises the dead to fight for him) and skeletons I found a few spell books (one of them is raise zombie) and an enchanting alter. Using the alter I learnt most of the enchantments found on the magical weapons that I had.

Leaving the mage fort at night a whopping dragon flew overhead and landed nearby. Armed with a magical bow of lightening and my claws I ran towards it. I also noticed a very large humanoid creature running towards it too - odd, I thought. After firing a few arrows in the dragons direction (with a couple of hits) I figured out that the dragon was attacking a couple of giants. I've fought giants before and always died so I didn't want to get too close to them. Eventually, after I received a few scorchings from the dragon it landed between the giants and as they fought I pinged off a few arrows and the dragon died. Now all I needed to do was search the dragon but the giants had noticed me and trying to hide wasn't going to work. All I could do was run and they are fast. In the end I managed to search the dragon (and picking up it's treasure) and I managed to get away by sprinting for my life. I think if it wasn't for the fact of changing out of heavy into light armour I'd probably be giant's dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment