Sunday 8 January 2012

Skyrim: Brought a New House

The thing with Skyrim and these type of games is that there is a whole load of cash to be made by ransacking a dungeon. You basically complete a quest and pick up everything that is valuable; weapons, armour, gems, etc and then you sell it at your favourite shop. The problem is that although you can carry a lot of stuff and still move around you can't run or "fast travel". You can store stuff in containers like wardrobes and chests and come back for it later but it may not be there when you arrive.
 
So, I've managed to save up enough gold pieces to buy a new house in Whiterun. It has two floors, a bed and a chest to store stuff in and since it is my house and my chest the stuff I put in it will always be there the next time I look in it.

My New Home - Breezehome
The house is a bit of a shit-hole really. Is looks like it hasn't been lived in for a while; dusty, dirty, no heating or running water. I know you can buy furnishings and stuff but I don't know where you go to buy it from and there's no MFI.

After buying the house I completed a quest (a trail to join the Companions) which took me down a large cairn looking for a fragment of a broken weapon. I picked up anything of value storing it in chests a long the way so I could come back to it later and  then transported it all back "home" to my chest. I won't sell it all now because some of it maybe useful later but I've already made 500gps on what I have sold.

So now I'm a member of the Companions (who have a really cool secret which I won't spoil here). I am level 11 and I'm spent some of my perk points on sneaking, using the bow, one-hand combat and enchantments.

No comments:

Post a Comment